Derek Sivers is a true creative entrepreneur. In his rich life he has been many things: musician, circus clown, programmer, writer, entrepreneur, and student. In 1998 he founded CD Baby, which became the largest seller of independent music online, paying hundreds of millions of dollars to indie artists.
In this interview Derek shares a wide range of wisdom, including:
- The surprising thing that happened right before his "How to Start a Movement" TED Talk (and what Peter Gabriel had to say about it)
- Two important things you should do early in your creative career that made all the difference in his life
- Derek's unique view of failure
- His insightful views on fame vs fortune and what really motivates him
- The pros and cons of world travel and living overseas
- What he thinks Dale Carnegie's famous book should have been called
Watch the video version of the interview and see the show notes here
or on YouTube here www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-lXs4dEOE
Want to know when new Creative Entrepreneur interviews are posted? Get on the VIP List at www.DIYcareerManifesto.com/ It's free and easy. And you'll get a big FREE sample of my new book.