Have you ever watched Whose Line Is It Anyway? or seen an improvisational comedy troupe and wondered, "How do they do that?"
Well, my guest on this episode has been performing improv for decades and now runs a thriving business that teaches people how do it.
Shana Merlin, in my view, is the improv comedy queen of Austin, TX. She took a passion and skill that most people only do part-time for fun and turned it into Merlin Works, a school that shows adults how to have fun and think on their feet.
In this fun, in-depth interview Shana talks about:
- How the improv principle of "Yes, and ..." was key to her business success
- Why she embraces the idea of the "lean startup"
- The unique challenges that moms face when building a business
- Her alternate view of Michael Gerber's E-Myth strategy (and I totally agree with her)
- The book she discovered in Fourth Grade that changed her life
Watch the video version of the interview and see the show notes here
or on YouTube here www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2oZlkxWijk
Want to know when new Creative Entrepreneur interviews are posted? Get on the VIP List at www.DIYcareerManifesto.com/ It's free and easy. And you'll get a big FREE sample of my new book.
Direct download: TCE_030_-_Shana_Merlin_the_Improv_C.mp3
-- posted at: 12:44pm EDT